WASHINGTON (AP) — A judge has ordered that a Washington subway system mechanic who was fired after a fatal accident in January 2015 should be rehired.
The Washington Post (https://tinyurl.com/ka8ksfq) reports that U.S. District Judge James Boasberg released his decision on Wednesday in the case of Seyoum Haile.
The mechanic was fired by the Metro transit agency after he was found to have falsified maintenance logs for tunnel fans near the L’Enfant Plaza station. An electrical fire on the tracks near L’Enfant caused a train to fill with smoke, killing one passenger and sickening dozens more. The fans did not remove the smoke from the tunnels.
A Metro spokesman says the transit agency is considering an appeal.
The judge agreed with an arbitration board’s finding that Haile should have been suspended without pay.
Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Arizona high court rules domestic violence testimony needs scrutiny
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses