Honk if you see geese amble across Glendale freeway
PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- Video shows Border Patrol car hitting man on Tohono O’odham Nation
- Crews fully contain 377 Fire in northeast-central Arizona
- Officials: Vietnamese man dies in ICE custody in Arizona
- How much do Arizonans spoil their fathers? There’s a ranking for that
- Meghan McCain opens up about her relationship with her father