Honk if you see geese amble across Glendale freeway
PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- Arizona lawmakers block bump stocks debate after Florida shooting
- Agency again holding contest for clever Arizona freeway signs
- Rock removal to temporarily close part of Interstate 17 north of Phoenix
- After deadly Florida shooting, what is Arizona doing about gun control?
- Ofo, dockless bike share system, kicks off operations in Mesa