PHOENIX — Why did the geese cross the road? We have no idea, but they chose a busy Phoenix-area freeway during Friday morning rush hour for their unknown quest.
A pair of geese took a dicey walk on Loop 101 near 67th Avenue in Glendale, slowing traffic and puzzling commuters for a few minutes.
The Arizona Department of Transportation noted the geese arrival around 7 a.m. The waterfowl with the curious attraction to asphalt made their journey safely across westbound lanes.
There is an obvious pun here but never mind.
- DNC chair says Obamacare reduced Arizona uninsured rate 36 percent
- Amber Alert canceled for infant taken in Yuma, Arizona
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey appoints new budget director
- Bike rider shoots at Phoenix police, dies in gunfire exchange
- ‘Structurally deficient’ bridge over I-17 repaired using new technology