OVIEDO, Fla. (AP) — A 34-year-old Florida man faces a first-degree murder charge after police say he used a blunt object to bash his father’s skull.
Chandler Belaston was arrested Thursday and is expected to make a first appearance in court Friday afternoon.
Local news outlets report police found Jean Belaston’s body April 13 on the floor of his home in Oviedo, which is a suburb of Orlando.
Oviedo police Lt. Heather Capetillo says there was a large amount of blood around his body and a pair of black pants covered his face. Police believe a crowbar was used in the attack as well as a large blade, such as a machete.
Police haven’t released a motive for the killing.
Chandler Belaston is being held without bond. Records don’t list an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action