NEW YORK (AP) — A foundation affiliated with the Fire Department of New York is raising money for the daughter of the firefighter killed in a five-story fall.
The FDNY Foundation has set up an educational fund for 8-year-old Isabella Tolley (TOH’-lee).
Her father, 42-year-old William Tolley, of Bethpage, Long Island, was killed Thursday while battling a fire in Queens.
Fire Commissioner Daniel Nigro (NY’-groh) says Tolley’s death is a “terrible tragedy for the department.”
It’s among several recent losses at the FDNY.
In September, a fire battalion chief was killed while responding to an explosion at a marijuana grow house in the Bronx.
Last month, an FDNY emergency medical worker was struck and killed by her own ambulance after the vehicle was stolen.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish for Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny