Section of I-17 to be closed this weekend in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 in Phoenix is one of the more busy roadways in the Valley, but this weekend there won’t be any cars driving on its certain section.
The Arizona Department of Transportation announced closures and restrictions for April 21-24 in the Phoenix area.
Drivers should consider alternate routes and try to avoid the restrictions in place if possible.
- Northbound I-17 will be closed between 19th Avenue and Thomas Road from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday for rubberized asphalt resurfacing. Both Interstate 10 ramps to northbound I-17 at the “Stack” interchange willl also be closed, as will McDowell Road at I-17 in both directions for bridge work.
- Eastbound I-10 will be narrowed to one lane between Perryville Road and Estrella Parkway from 10 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday, and from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday for construction. Eastbound I-10 on-ramps at Perryville Road and Sarival Avenue will be closed, as will eastbound off-ramps at Citrus Road and Estrella Parkway.
- Grand Avenue will be narrowed to one lane in each direction between 107th Avenue and Thunderbird Road form 9 p.m. Friday to 9 p.m. Sunday for resurfacing. Both 111th and 113th avenues will be closed at Grand Avenue.
- East- and westbound U.S. 60 will be narrowed at times near Rural Road from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday for utility work.
- Northbound State Route 51 off-ramp at Highland Avenue will be closed from 5 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday for waterline work.
For additional freeway-restriction information, click here.
- Flagstaff elementary school teacher accused of child molestation
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey says future of Tent City still up in the air
- Group: Border Patrol agents destroy immigrant aid in Arizona desert
- Arizona woman who faked cancer to get abortion coverage loses appeal
- Bill would raise minimum insurance requirements for Arizona drivers