WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina bra maker says it needs some support, suing a woman’s intimate apparel company for patent infringement on its sports bras.
The Winston-Salem Journal reports (http://bit.ly/2o8CN3E) that the lawsuit centers on a patent acquired by Hanesbrands.
Hanesbrands is alleging in federal court that Jacques Moret Inc., which sells bras under a Jockey International license, is making and selling bras based on the Hanesbrands patent and product styles without its permission.
Hanesbrands also accuses Jacques Moret of inducing infringement by others by instructing women on how to properly wear the bra.
The company wants damages as well as injunctions against future infringement.
Jacques Moret officials could not be reached for comment Thursday.
Information from: Winston-Salem Journal, http://www.journalnow.com
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny