MARSHALL, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say two people have been charged with child abuse after a 7-week-old baby suffered broken legs and five broken ribs.
The Madison County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that the child was abused for three weeks and remained in the hospital recovering on Thursday.
Deputies say Billie Taylor intentionally hurt the infant, who also had other injuries from past abuse.
Investigators say the child’s mother, Jennifer Davis, was charged because she knew the abuse was going on and didn’t take the baby for help.
Both were charged Tuesday with felony child abuse. It wasn’t known if they have lawyers.
Madison County is north of Asheville in the North Carolina mountains.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Protester at Trump rally arrested after threatening Phoenix police
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border