WASHINGTON (AP) — Ivanka Trump will participate in a panel discussion on women’s economic empowerment during an official visit to Germany next week.
The White House announced the schedule for the first daughter’s trip to Berlin, scheduled for Tuesday. It will be the first official international trip for Trump, who has joined the administration as an unpaid adviser to her father, President Donald Trump.
Ivanka Trump is traveling to Berlin at the invitation of German Chancellor Angela Merkel (AHN’-geh-lah MEHR’-kuhl). She will participate in the W20 Summit, a women-focused effort within the Group of 20 countries.
On that day in Berlin, Trump will also take in a technical school, visit the United States embassy and go to the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. Her day will conclude with a gala dinner.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Phoenix-area mayors ready to join forces to land Amazon headquarters
- Main Street Minute: Big-name companies set to attend Phoenix job fair
- Target is raising minimum hourly wage to $15 by end of 2020
- Merkel wins 4th term but nationalists surge in German election
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course