SKOKIE, Ill. (AP) — Police say two students accused of planning to carry out a shooting at their suburban Chicago middle school have been taken into custody.
Police in Skokie said in a statement that McCracken Middle School officials contacted them Wednesday morning after hearing about the students’ plan “to commit a shooting … in the near future.”
They’re expected to be charged as juveniles.
No details have been released about the plan. Police say the threat “is no longer viable.”
Police say three other students are suspected of knowing about the plan. Police interviewed those three and released them to their parents.
School officials are working with police in the investigation.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Judge decides Arizona doesn’t have to reveal execution-drugs source