CHANDLER, Ariz. — Police believe the same man was responsible for two break-ins at Islamic mosques in two communities in south-central Arizona.
Chandler police said a suspect forced entry into a mosque in Chandler late the night of March 30, stealing an undisclosed amount of money, and that a mosque in Maricopa was burglarized earlier the same evening.
Maricopa is located about 25 miles south of Chandler, a suburb on the south side of the Phoenix area.
Police described the suspect a white man between ages 30 and 50 with a receding hairline and between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-2. He was wearing a blue shirt under a dark-colored jacket, khaki pants and gray shoes.
- Veteran linguist becomes professor at University of Arizona
- Lost Lake Festival to feature life-sized games like pool, foosball
- Glasses ready! Arizona spots hosting solar eclipse viewing events
- Phoenix police chief: City will be prepared for Trump rally
- Extra restrictions in place for Phoenix area freeways this weekend