CHANDLER, Ariz. — Police believe the same man was responsible for two break-ins at Islamic mosques in two communities in south-central Arizona.
Chandler police said a suspect forced entry into a mosque in Chandler late the night of March 30, stealing an undisclosed amount of money, and that a mosque in Maricopa was burglarized earlier the same evening.
Maricopa is located about 25 miles south of Chandler, a suburb on the south side of the Phoenix area.
Police described the suspect a white man between ages 30 and 50 with a receding hairline and between 5-foot-10 and 6-foot-2. He was wearing a blue shirt under a dark-colored jacket, khaki pants and gray shoes.
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Burglars in Phoenix drive away with inflatable obstacle course
- Ruling: Crime areas, others’ actions don’t justify Arizona police frisks
- Phoenix ranks eighth in nation in startup business activity
- I scream, you scream: Ice cream chain to open five Phoenix area locations
- Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport to establish full-service repair operation by end of 2017