BALTIMORE (AP) — A harbor seal who swan inland and accidentally stranded himself in mud in Delaware is now recovering at the National Aquarium in Baltimore.
Phil the seal was rescued earlier this month after swimming into a muddy area with little water. Aquarium officials say Phil showed signs of declining health when he was located and rescued.
Phil is now recovering at the National Aquarium’s rehabilitation center. Officials say Phil has started to eat on his own and was being treated for dehydration and an eye infection.
Once Phil is healed, he’ll be released back into the ocean.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny