WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — Police in Delaware have fatally shot a suspect after what they say was a chase and confrontation.
New Castle County Police said in a statement that officers were following a male suspect around 2 p.m. Wednesday.
The statement says police attempted to stop the suspect’s car in the Bellefonte area of New Castle County, but he fled and crashed. He then ran away on foot, and officers pursued him.
Police say “a confrontation ensued” that resulted in the person being fatally shot.
The statement says “involved officers” were taken to area hospitals for treatment. It doesn’t say how many officers were involved or describe the extent of their injuries.
A police spokesman said he had no further information to release, adding the investigation was just beginning.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump rally, protest in downtown cost Phoenix $450K in overtime pay
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump
- Arizona Supreme Court rules same-sex spouses have equal parental rights
- Toys ‘R’ Us files for bankruptcy, but keeps stores open