DAVIS, Calif. (AP) — A California woman faces up to six years in prison after admitting that she broke windows and left bacon at a mosque near Sacramento.
The Yolo County District Attorney’s Office said 30-year-old Lauren Kirk-Coehlo of Davis pleaded guilty to all charges on Wednesday.
They include two counts of vandalizing the Davis Islamic Center in January and causing more than $400 in damage by destroying six windows and two bicycles.
She also admitted to a hate-crime allegation.
Officials say she put bacon strips on door handles. Muslims are prohibited from eating pork products.
Her defense attorney, Steve Sabbadini, wouldn’t comment.
Her sentencing is set for June 16, with possible penalties ranging from probation to 6 years in state prison.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision
- White House chief strategist Steve Bannon steps down
- Family: California man celebrating marriage killed in Spain