DAVIS, Calif. (AP) — A California woman faces up to six years in prison after admitting that she broke windows and left bacon at a mosque near Sacramento.
The Yolo County District Attorney’s Office said 30-year-old Lauren Kirk-Coehlo of Davis pleaded guilty to all charges on Wednesday.
They include two counts of vandalizing the Davis Islamic Center in January and causing more than $400 in damage by destroying six windows and two bicycles.
She also admitted to a hate-crime allegation.
Officials say she put bacon strips on door handles. Muslims are prohibited from eating pork products.
Her defense attorney, Steve Sabbadini, wouldn’t comment.
Her sentencing is set for June 16, with possible penalties ranging from probation to 6 years in state prison.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Phoenix-based marijuana company plans to turn town into pot resort
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump