PHOENIX — A traffic accident early Wednesday caused over 1,000 homes and businesses in Scottsdale to lose power.
The accident near Hayden Road and Shea Boulevard — a vehicle smashed into a utility box around 5:30 a.m. — took out electricity from the crash site to Via Linda and 79th Street to Pima Road.
Arizona Public Service estimated power would be back to the area about 8:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- President Donald Trump to visit Yuma on Tuesday
- ASU bringing Amazon’s ‘Alexa’ into classes, new dorm
- Tempe’s Carvana ranked top-50 in America’s fastest-growing companies
- Arizona Rep. Trent Franks believes Trump will pardon Arpaio, supports it
- Phoenix’s main library will be shut down for nearly a year