Crash on Scottsdale street takes out power to neighborhood
PHOENIX — A traffic accident early Wednesday caused over 1,000 homes and businesses in Scottsdale to lose power.
The accident near Hayden Road and Shea Boulevard — a vehicle smashed into a utility box around 5:30 a.m. — took out electricity from the crash site to Via Linda and 79th Street to Pima Road.
Arizona Public Service estimated power would be back to the area about 8:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- Phoenix neighborhood to get cheap access to bike share after grant
- National Park Service seeks ways to manage non-native fish in Arizona
- Mexican officials find pot-launching bazooka near Arizona border
- Here are some tips for those traveling out of Arizona this Thanksgiving
- Arizona Sen. Jeff Flake is supportive of tax plan but wants tweaks