Crash on Scottsdale street takes out power to neighborhood
PHOENIX — A traffic accident early Wednesday caused over 1,000 homes and businesses in Scottsdale to lose power.
The accident near Hayden Road and Shea Boulevard — a vehicle smashed into a utility box around 5:30 a.m. — took out electricity from the crash site to Via Linda and 79th Street to Pima Road.
Arizona Public Service estimated power would be back to the area about 8:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- 2 brothers jailed in Wisconsin suspected of Arizona homicide
- Sen. John McCain calls on Trump to stop attacking journalists, press
- Sheriff Paul Penzone looking to eliminate ‘Tent City’ phrase in 2018
- Lockdown lifted on Peoria buildings after ‘suspicious’ package found
- Cool front expected to blow into Arizona but little chance for rain, snow