Crash on Scottsdale street takes out power to neighborhood
PHOENIX — A traffic accident early Wednesday caused over 1,000 homes and businesses in Scottsdale to lose power.
The accident near Hayden Road and Shea Boulevard — a vehicle smashed into a utility box around 5:30 a.m. — took out electricity from the crash site to Via Linda and 79th Street to Pima Road.
Arizona Public Service estimated power would be back to the area about 8:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- Second Phoenix facility illegally housing migrant children discovered
- Neo-Nazi to be re-tried in Phoenix death of woman in interracial couple
- Arizona awarded $60,000 grant to help close college attainment gap
- Phoenix police join law enforcement agencies in lip sync battle
- Arizona Senate hopeful kills mother, uses her death in gun control debate