Crash on Scottsdale street takes out power to neighborhood
PHOENIX — A traffic accident early Wednesday caused over 1,000 homes and businesses in Scottsdale to lose power.
The accident near Hayden Road and Shea Boulevard — a vehicle smashed into a utility box around 5:30 a.m. — took out electricity from the crash site to Via Linda and 79th Street to Pima Road.
Arizona Public Service estimated power would be back to the area about 8:30 a.m.
No other details were immediately available.
- Scottsdale spending nearly $1M to rework Giants’ spring training home
- Two men arrested in Arizona on multiple counts of child sex trafficking
- Arizona parks, trails system wins award for being nation’s best managed
- Report: Arizona D-backs home game attendance up by 7 percent this season
- Arizona poverty remains among highest in nation, despite recent gains