SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — Prosecutors in Florida say they’ll seek the death penalty against a 31-year-old man accused of killing his girlfriend and her 8-year-old son.
State Attorney Phil Archer issued a statement Tuesday, a day after a Seminole County grand jury indicted Alan Cashe on two counts of first-degree murder.
Investigators say Cashe kicked his way into 35-year-old Latina Herring’s house March 27, shooting her and her son, Brandon Christian, who was sleeping on a couch. Four other people, including Herring’s 7-year-old son and her father, were wounded.
The Orlando Sentinel (http://bit.ly/2orAvrJ ) reports Cashe also wounded two strangers on a nearby street.
Authorities say the couple argued before the shooting and Herring ordered Cashe to move out. An arrest report says he returned with an assault rifle and more than a dozen shots were fired.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast