Human remains of possible ‘small child’ uncovered in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Human remains that appeared to be of a “small child” were uncovered on Tuesday during home construction near 87th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix, police said.
Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the remains were uncovered around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday as construction of a new home was underway.
Lewis said the remains appear to have been there for “some time.”
The remains have not been identified and no age range has been detailed. Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation, Lewis said.
- Study shows Phoenix is most stressed city in Arizona, Scottsdale the least
- Canned food structures on display for Phoenix ‘Canstruction’ competition
- Phoenix expected to see 118 degree temperatures next week
- Closures, restrictions of I-10 in Phoenix to continue this weekend
- Phoenix officer in critical condition after Cave Creek car crash