Human remains of possible ‘small child’ uncovered in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Human remains that appeared to be of a “small child” were uncovered on Tuesday during home construction near 87th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix, police said.
Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the remains were uncovered around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday as construction of a new home was underway.
Lewis said the remains appear to have been there for “some time.”
The remains have not been identified and no age range has been detailed. Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation, Lewis said.
- Phoenix is fastest-warming city in US, meteorologist says
- U2 returns to Arizona for 30th anniversary ‘Joshua Tree’ concert
- Arizona prosecutor outlines case as Morris twins’ assault trial begins
- Art of Ice Cream Experience coming to Scottsdale in November
- Chinese community in Phoenix is fighting back for its cultural center