Human remains of possible ‘small child’ uncovered in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Human remains that appeared to be of a “small child” were uncovered on Tuesday during home construction near 87th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix, police said.
Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the remains were uncovered around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday as construction of a new home was underway.
Lewis said the remains appear to have been there for “some time.”
The remains have not been identified and no age range has been detailed. Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation, Lewis said.
- Teen spends second Thanksgiving with Mesa family after viral exchange
- Landfill search for missing Phoenix woman’s body passes halfway mark
- Glendale Glitters to light up West Valley suburb for the holiday season
- Gilbert woman launches eco-friendly gift wrapping company
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car