Human remains of possible ‘small child’ uncovered in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Human remains that appeared to be of a “small child” were uncovered on Tuesday during home construction near 87th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix, police said.
Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the remains were uncovered around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday as construction of a new home was underway.
Lewis said the remains appear to have been there for “some time.”
The remains have not been identified and no age range has been detailed. Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation, Lewis said.
- Phoenix hopes to score touchdown with another Super Bowl push
- Phoenix expected to reach high temperatures of 90 degrees Thursday
- Homeowner shoots armed man who refused to leave Phoenix home
- Phoenix area posts second-largest increase in construction jobs in US
- Phoenix police searching for suspect in 2012 homicide