Human remains of possible ‘small child’ uncovered in Phoenix
PHOENIX — Human remains that appeared to be of a “small child” were uncovered on Tuesday during home construction near 87th Avenue and Indian School Road in Phoenix, police said.
Sgt. Vince Lewis, a spokesman with the Phoenix Police Department, said the remains were uncovered around 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday as construction of a new home was underway.
Lewis said the remains appear to have been there for “some time.”
The remains have not been identified and no age range has been detailed. Homicide detectives are continuing the investigation, Lewis said.
- Three Arizona restaurants recognized with James Beard Awards
- Phoenix man sentenced to prison for planning ISIS-inspired attack
- Phoenix trial set for man accused of making bomb parts for jihadists
- Scottsdale named among best cities for renters, Glendale among worst
- Weekend wrap-up: Biggest Arizona-related stories from this past weekend