Here are the government’s rankings of the leading U.S. airlines and their on-time performance for February. The federal government counts a flight as on time if it arrives no more than 14 minutes behind the scheduled time.
1. Delta Air Lines, 89.5 percent
2. American Airlines, 85.2 percent
3. ExpressJet, 82.4 percent
4. Southwest Airlines, 82.4 percent
5. Frontier Airlines, 82.3 percent
6. Spirit Airlines, 81.6 percent
7. United Airlines, 81.5 percent
8. SkyWest, 79.8 percent
9. Hawaiian Airlines, 78.2 percent
10. Alaska Airlines, 77.6 percent
11. JetBlue Airways, 72.3 percent
12. Virgin America, 64.6 percent
Total for all covered airlines: 82.6 percent
Source: U.S. Department of Transportation
The report does not cover smaller airlines including Allegiant Air and some regional carriers.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Barbecue spot to open in downtown Phoenix
- Theme park resort villages approved for development near Phoenix
- Main Street Minute: Glendale health care campus giving out eclipse glasses
- Trump ends business councils after slew of CEOs drop out
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data