OMAHA, Neb. (AP) — Police say a 17-month-old girl has been shot in the face at an apartment in Omaha, Nebraska.
Police say a distraught man drove the bleeding toddler to a hospital around 3:40 p.m. Monday after the shooting at the Pine Tree Apartments in the northwest of the city. On Tuesday, police identified the girl as Ma’Laya Buie.
A spokeswoman for Children’s Hospital & Medical Center declined to comment on the girl’s condition Tuesday.
Investigators haven’t released any information about how the shooting occurred, or the relationship between the man and the child.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood