NEW YORK (AP) — A Danish diplomat put aside diplomacy for the night — chasing away a burglar who broke into her Manhattan apartment.
The New York Police Department says Marie Wandel went to investigate a noise late Saturday and found the intruder in her Harlem home. She snatched her valuables back from the would-be thief before he fled empty-handed.
The police report says the man had tried to steal a camera and jewelry, worth about $1,000.
Wandel told the New York Daily News that everything is all right, but declined to comment further.
This story has been corrected to show the incident occurred late Saturday, not Monday night.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- North Korean diplomat says tweet by Trump ‘declared war’
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action