SHANGHAI (AP) — The Latest on Auto Shanghai 2017 (all times local):
Volkswagen has unveiled an electric crossover concept vehicle, the I.D. Crozz, on the eve of the Shanghai auto show.
The Crozz isn’t intended for sale, but VW says it has a top speed of 112 miles (180 kilometers) per hour and a range of 311 miles (500 kilometers) on one charge.
Such range could help electrics win wider consumer acceptance by reducing “range anxiety,” or fear of running out of power without a charger nearby.
Volkswagen said earlier it will launch a pure-electric car in China next year. It joins General Motors, Ford and other automakers that have announced electric models for China as Beijing steps up pressure on the industry to develop alternatives to gasoline.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Free golf for girls clinic set for Phoenix course
- Campus museum honors Colangelo, ‘godfather’ of Phoenix pro sports
- Main Street Minute: State library picks up grant to digitize newspapers
- ATM turns 50, forever changes consumer behavior
- Main Street Minute: Chompie’s Deli to offer holiday bread at Costco