LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. (AP) — A man faces charges of felony murder and aggravated assault after police say he choked a woman and her 2-year-old son at a home in suburban Atlanta.
Gwinnett County Police spokeswoman Cpl. Michele Pihera says the homeowner called 911 around 11 p.m. Sunday and said his son had choked the pair. Police arrested 32-year-old Brandon Williams at a gas station a short time later.
The toddler died soon after the attack and his mother, 30-year-old Natalie Nation, died Monday morning at a hospital.
Pihera says there were no family ties between Williams and the woman, who was renting a room at the home. Police say the homeowner was working outside on a car during the attack.
Williams was being held without bond. It’s unclear if he has an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood