MUSKEGON, Mich. (AP) — An 8-year-old is suspected in the death of a 1-year-old boy who was left unsupervised in a home day care in Michigan.
Muskegon Police Chief Jeffrey Lewis tells MLive.com for a story Monday that the toddler’s body was found concealed Friday morning in a bedroom. He says the primary witness is only 5 years old. He did not yet know a cause of death.
He said the 1-year-old had been crying and “the 8-year-old dealt with the baby crying.”
Bryanna Reasonover told WOOD-TV and WZZM-TV that she found her son’s body in a playpen when she went to pick up three children she had dropped off the previous night.
The 8-year-old was taken to a hospital for a mental evaluation.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action