SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A California man suspected of stealing a football autographed by former San Francisco 49er Jerry Rice has turned himself in and returned the football.
The San Francisco Chronicle reported (http://bit.ly/2ptnLT6 ) Sunday that 45-year-old Patrick Van Lam went to a San Jose police station Saturday after seeing viral photos of himself on social media taking the ball at a charity auction.
The ball went missing after it was purchased for $3,500 at the April 9 fundraiser to benefit Chinese orphans with special needs.
The newspaper reported that Van Lam was arrested on suspicion of burglary and grand theft.
Police say a second man helped Van Lam take the ball.
Information from: San Francisco Chronicle, http://www.sfgate.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Trump tweet attacks Flake, calls Arizona senator ‘toxic’
- After preschool promise, Phoenix couple marries 20 years later
- Pence won’t address Trump comments but condemns supremacists
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast