WASHINGTON (AP) — Authorities say a woman has been charged after jumping over a temporary barrier outside the White House fence.
Nicole Mainor of the U.S. Secret Service said Monday that it happened Sunday afternoon on the north side of the White House.
Mainor says the woman jumped the bike rack-style barrier outside the fence around White House grounds. She says the woman was arrested and charged with unlawful entry.
Mainor says the area was closed temporarily, but reopened about a half hour later.
The incident was first reported by The Washington Post.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision