Watch Lucid Motors’ electric car reach 217 mph in test drive
PHOENIX — Tesla rival Lucid Motors — which plans to build its new electric car Air just south of Phoenix by the start of 2018 — has a definite need for speed.
Lucid Motors has released video of the car reaching a speed of 217 mph in a vehicle-stability test.
The stat sheet for the Air favors comparably to Tesla’s Model S. While the claim of zero-to-60 speed in 2.5 seconds is a bit slower than the Model S, the supposed 400-mile range is over 60 miles better than the Model S.
The Air, which will be made at a factory in Casa Grande that has yet to be built, is planned to begin shipping in the summer of 2019.
- Lyft added $59 million to Phoenix economy in 2017
- ‘Orange is the New Black’ is Arizona’s favorite Netflix show
- New zip line gives visitors a thrilling view of the Grand Canyon
- Phoenix restaurant Coup Des Tartes to permanently close its doors
- Arizona plan to combat opioids would limit dosages, amounts