SHOREVIEW, Minn. (AP) — A 13-year-old Minnesota boy who’s been battling brain cancer wanted to go to prom. Jeremy Kohlberg got his wish, thanks to family, friends and classmates.
The Shoreview teen has been fighting the disease for about five years. He’s undergone several treatments and surgeries. Recently, doctors told his family that he may only have a few weeks to live.
Jeremy wanted to have a night of dancing with friends while he still could, and his wish came true Saturday night.
KARE-TV reports (http://kare11.tv/2pGnk7n ) a limousine pulled up to the Kohlberg home. Jeremy and his two brothers in their tuxedoes climbed aboard and picked up their prom dates. While they were gone classmates gathered in tents at his home and rolled out a red carpet to welcome him to his own prom.
Information from: KARE-TV, http://www.kare11.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix