CHICAGO (AP) — The lawyer for a man dragged off a United flight says the airline and Chicago officials have agreed to preserve evidence of the incident.
Attorney Thomas Demetrio said Saturday that the agreement means a court hearing scheduled next week isn’t taking place.
A lawsuit has not been filed, but Demetrio has indicated one is forthcoming.
He represents Dr. David Dao, a 69-year-old passenger who didn’t want to give up his seat last week on a flight from O’Hare International Airport. Demetrio has said Dao lost teeth, suffered a concussion and a broken nose as airport police employed by Chicago removed him.
Video of the incident went viral.
United has apologized and promised to review passenger-removal policies. An airline spokeswoman declined comment Saturday because of pending litigation.
A city spokesman didn’t immediately return a message.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Main Street Minute: Amazing Jake’s to get makeover, name change
- This crowd is delightfully shocked by Blue Angels at Chicago Air and Water Show
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision