Tempe restaurateur awarded Face of Diversity-American Dream Award
TEMPE, Ariz. — Raveen Arora, a Tempe restaurateur, has been awarded the National Restaurant Association’s Face of Diversity-American Dream Award.
Arora owns The Dhaba, an award-winning Punjabi Indian restaurant. He is an entrepreneur and also a refugee from India.
“I do my thing — one person at a time,” Arora said in the press release. “I treat each hurdle as a bend in the road, but never the end of the road.”
The presentation of the award took place at the Reagan Center in Washington, D.C. It is awarded to recognize philanthropy, diversity and leadership.
- Whoa! Man captures big dust devil on video in Tempe
- Tempe Municipal Court judge arrested for allegedly stabbing wife 10 times
- Brews and views: Thrillist names the Phoenix area’s best rooftop bars
- Four Arizona cities among top 50 ‘most fun’ cities in US
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction