Tempe restaurateur awarded Face of Diversity-American Dream Award
TEMPE, Ariz. — Raveen Arora, a Tempe restaurateur, has been awarded the National Restaurant Association’s Face of Diversity-American Dream Award.
Arora owns The Dhaba, an award-winning Punjabi Indian restaurant. He is an entrepreneur and also a refugee from India.
“I do my thing — one person at a time,” Arora said in the press release. “I treat each hurdle as a bend in the road, but never the end of the road.”
The presentation of the award took place at the Reagan Center in Washington, D.C. It is awarded to recognize philanthropy, diversity and leadership.
- Ex-Tempe teacher sentenced to lifetime probation for sex with student
- Hotel in downtown Tempe shows off $5 million renovation
- Another build-your-own pizza chain to come to Phoenix area
- South Mountain Freeway construction overcomes another legal roadblock
- Palo Verde Middle School teacher gets monthly KTAR News award