Tempe restaurateur awarded Face of Diversity-American Dream Award
TEMPE, Ariz. — Raveen Arora, a Tempe restaurateur, has been awarded the National Restaurant Association’s Face of Diversity-American Dream Award.
Arora owns The Dhaba, an award-winning Punjabi Indian restaurant. He is an entrepreneur and also a refugee from India.
“I do my thing — one person at a time,” Arora said in the press release. “I treat each hurdle as a bend in the road, but never the end of the road.”
The presentation of the award took place at the Reagan Center in Washington, D.C. It is awarded to recognize philanthropy, diversity and leadership.
- Valley chefs, restaurateur named as James Beard Award semi-finalists
- Off Central: Tempe church working harder than ever to be inclusive
- Police find 3-year-old girl who was reported missing by mother
- Tempe pastor to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in fight against violence
- Tempe bar won’t allow Arizona Wildcats fans, colors for ASU game