Tempe restaurateur awarded Face of Diversity-American Dream Award
TEMPE, Ariz. — Raveen Arora, a Tempe restaurateur, has been awarded the National Restaurant Association’s Face of Diversity-American Dream Award.
Arora owns The Dhaba, an award-winning Punjabi Indian restaurant. He is an entrepreneur and also a refugee from India.
“I do my thing — one person at a time,” Arora said in the press release. “I treat each hurdle as a bend in the road, but never the end of the road.”
The presentation of the award took place at the Reagan Center in Washington, D.C. It is awarded to recognize philanthropy, diversity and leadership.
- Phoenix-area residents can now buy a car — from a vending machine
- Phoenix-area bars, pubs, restaurants gear up for the World Cup
- ‘Take Me to Church’ singer Hozier will perform in Tempe in October
- Family of Chinese girl killed in Arizona wants more jail for killer
- Arizona, Tempe top spots for millennials on the move