Police: Former Arizona Cardinals player involved in fatal car accident
PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals and ASU player is believed to have been behind the wheel of his truck that killed his 3-year-old daughter on Friday, Mesa police said.
Mesa Police spokesman Steven Berry said Todd Heap, a former Arizona Cardinals tight end and Arizona State University football player, was driving a truck at his Mesa home when he allegedly struck his daughter as he moved the truck forward.
The 3-year-old girl, whose name was not released, died from her injuries late Friday night.
Mesa police said the accident occurred around 3:45 p.m. on Friday near Power and McDowell roads. Impairment is not believed to be a factor, but an investigation is ongoing.
- After Uber crash, who is responsible when self-driving car gets in accident?
- Number of fatalities involving older drivers on the rise in Arizona
- One dead, six more injured in multi-vehicle car crash in Phoenix
- Six people, including two children, injured in Queen Creek crash
- Arizona DPS trooper injured in crash with impaired driver