Police: Former Arizona Cardinals player involved in fatal car accident
PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals and ASU player is believed to have been behind the wheel of his truck that killed his 3-year-old daughter on Friday, Mesa police said.
Mesa Police spokesman Steven Berry said Todd Heap, a former Arizona Cardinals tight end and Arizona State University football player, was driving a truck at his Mesa home when he allegedly struck his daughter as he moved the truck forward.
The 3-year-old girl, whose name was not released, died from her injuries late Friday night.
Mesa police said the accident occurred around 3:45 p.m. on Friday near Power and McDowell roads. Impairment is not believed to be a factor, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Ex-Cardinal Tyrann Mathieu’s Phoenix-area home listed for $1.4M
- Cardinals GM Steve Keim refused field sobriety tests before DUI arrest
- Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4
- Glendale renames road in front of University of Phoenix Stadium
- Phoenix police say parents, 6 kids found living out of a car