Police: Former Arizona Cardinals player involved in fatal car accident
PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals and ASU player is believed to have been behind the wheel of his truck that killed his 3-year-old daughter on Friday, Mesa police said.
Mesa Police spokesman Steven Berry said Todd Heap, a former Arizona Cardinals tight end and Arizona State University football player, was driving a truck at his Mesa home when he allegedly struck his daughter as he moved the truck forward.
The 3-year-old girl, whose name was not released, died from her injuries late Friday night.
Mesa police said the accident occurred around 3:45 p.m. on Friday near Power and McDowell roads. Impairment is not believed to be a factor, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Phoenix-area freeway closures should not impact Cardinals game traffic
- Boyfriend of missing Arizona woman tied to assault of female ASU student
- Gov. Doug Ducey to travel to UK for economic development meetings
- Opinion: Cardinals gave up moral high ground with Adrian Peterson trade
- Fatal car crashes up in Arizona, drunk driving-related accidents decrease