PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals and ASU player is believed to have been behind the wheel of his truck that killed his 3-year-old daughter on Friday, Mesa police said.
Mesa Police spokesman Steven Berry said Todd Heap, a former Arizona Cardinals tight end and Arizona State University football player, was driving a truck at his Mesa home when he allegedly struck his daughter as he moved the truck forward.
The 3-year-old girl, whose name was not released, died from her injuries late Friday night.
Mesa police said the accident occurred around 3:45 p.m. on Friday near Power and McDowell roads. Impairment is not believed to be a factor, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Main Street Minute: Phoenix has openings for fire emergency dispatchers
- Check out a first ride in a Lucid Motors car, to be built in Arizona
- Husky howls every time he’s told to get in the back seat
- Study: 2017 Final Four had $324.5M economic impact in Phoenix area
- Woman hospitalized after road-rage shooting in Glendale