Police: Former Arizona Cardinals player involved in fatal car accident
PHOENIX — A former Arizona Cardinals and ASU player is believed to have been behind the wheel of his truck that killed his 3-year-old daughter on Friday, Mesa police said.
Mesa Police spokesman Steven Berry said Todd Heap, a former Arizona Cardinals tight end and Arizona State University football player, was driving a truck at his Mesa home when he allegedly struck his daughter as he moved the truck forward.
The 3-year-old girl, whose name was not released, died from her injuries late Friday night.
Mesa police said the accident occurred around 3:45 p.m. on Friday near Power and McDowell roads. Impairment is not believed to be a factor, but an investigation is ongoing.
- Need a laugh? Relive 2017 with these hilarious news bloopers
- Police: Pedestrian killed when struck, carried on vehicle
- 5 rescued after spending night in Phoenix-area desert due to stuck car
- 3 children among injured in collision near downtown Phoenix
- Big-hearted Cardinal doles out turkeys for Thanksgiving