ATLANTA (AP) — Officials say a 5-year-old boy has died after getting caught in the rotating wall of an Atlanta restaurant.
Atlanta Fire Department spokesman Sgt. Cortez Stafford tells The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (http://on-ajc.com/2ocIolu ) the little boy got his head stuck between two tables and suffered a head injury Friday. He was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
It was unclear how the child got stuck at the Sun Dial, which sits atop the Westin Peachtree Plaza hotel.
According to its website, the Sun Dial opened in 1976 and features a revolving restaurant, a rotating cocktail lounge and an observatory level with a 360-degree panorama of the skyline from 723 feet (220 meters).
A guest services representative with the hotel said the Sun Dial will be closed until Monday.
Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Brewer stands by Trump assessment of Mexican rapists, white power rally
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees
- Trump retweets negative post about himself by accident