CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — The Associated Press has withdrawn its story about a lawmaker apologizing for his remarks comparing Abraham Lincoln to Adolf Hitler. The apology was posted on a parody Twitter account not run by Rep. Larry Pittman.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood