Tempe-based Huss Brewing opens taproom in central Phoenix
PHOENIX — Huss Brewing celebrated the grand opening of its taproom in central Phoenix on Friday, despite facing initial concerns from the neighborhood.
The Tempe brewer’s new spot is located near Camelback Road and Central Avenue.
“… We couldn’t pass up on the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of the revitalization efforts in this wonderful neighborhood,” Leah Huss, one of the owners, said in a press release.
The taproom was the source of some residents’ disapproval over the winter.
Homeowners were worried about an increase in traffic and a lot of noise.
When the couple signed the lease, they agreed to follow certain parameters such as not playing live music or continuing business after hours. That earned approval from the city of Phoenix and the neighborhood board.
The taproom will be among several other restaurants in the Uptown Plaza, including Chicago favorite Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria, Shake Shack and Flower Child.
The owners also emphasized the location is a taproom, not a bar, the difference being the taproom only serves beer and wine.
“We look forward to being a valued member of the community for a long time,” Huss said.
Hours are from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, noon to 11 p.m. on Friday and Saturday and noon to 9 p.m. on Sundays.
- Arizona tourism office, Chicago Cubs team up to bring Chicagoans to Valley
- Arizona-built spacecraft to slingshot around Earth on Friday
- Arizona ranked No. 10 most diverse state in nation, study finds
- Arizona lawmakers seek solution to sewage leak in two southern cities
- Mob hit man ‘Sammy The Bull’ freed early from Arizona drug conviction