PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) — Talk about a tip.
A Florida waiter is accused of stealing a $3,000 diamond ring that fell off a customer’s finger.
Pensacola police tell news outlets that 27-year-old Wesley Aaron Dicus was arrested Tuesday on charges of grand theft and dealing in stolen property.
The Pensacola News Journal (http://on.pnj.com/2peFxfB ) reports a 39-year-old woman told police she believed the ring slipped off when she put lotion on her hands. The ring was later identified on an online app called OfferUp.
Police say detectives posing as a couple met with Dicus and he offered to sell it to them for $2,000. Police arrested him when the markings on the ring matched the woman’s description.
Dicus remains in jail on a $12,500 bond. Records don’t list an attorney.
Information from: Pensacola (Fla.) News Journal, http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump