LA PLATA, Md. (AP) — Authorities in Maryland say a 2-year-old boy is dead and his 5-year-old brother is seriously injured after a tree their father cut down in their yard fell on them.
The Charles County Sheriff’s Office said in a news release that a preliminary investigation shows the father of the siblings was cutting down a tree in his backyard Thursday and the tree suddenly turned toward the children, who were watching from about 50 feet away.
Both children were flown to a hospital, where the 2-year-old died. Authorities are investigating.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood