ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Adventure rafting is coming to SeaWorld Orlando.
The theme park announced Thursday it is building the Infinity Falls thrill ride.
Park officials say an elevator will lift each raft and then launch it into a river 40 feet (12 meters) below. They say it will be the world’s tallest river rapid drop.
The ride will have a rainforest river theme, and park officials say it will be the centerpiece of a new area of the park recreating a rainforest canopy.
Infinity Falls will open in summer 2018.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Frontier Airlines to start offering flights between Phoenix, Orlando