Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about Friday:
1. U.S. HITS ISLAMIC EXTREMISTS IN AFGHANISTAN WITH LARGEST NON-NUCLEAR BOMB EVER USED
The Pentagon says it has no early estimate of deaths or damage caused by its attack, which Trump calls a “very, very successful mission.”
2. MISDIRECTED U.S. STRIKE KILLS 18 ALLIED FIGHTERS IN SYRIA
U.S. Central Command says coalition aircraft were given the wrong coordinates by their partner forces for an attack intended to target IS militants.
3. WHAT EXPLAINS TRUMP’S ABRUPT POLICY REVERSALS
The president is startlingly candid about the reason for reversing himself on key issues: He’s just now really learning about some of them.
4. DRAGGED PASSENGER LOST 2 TEETH, BROKE HIS NOSE
“Are we going to continue to be treated like cattle?” asks his attorney, who also accuses the airline industry of having “bullied” its customers for far too long.
5. U.S. SAYS COUNTRIES MUST PUNISH U.N. TROOPS FOR SEXUAL ABUSE
American Ambassador Nikki Haley’s appeal for justice comes after she cited an AP probe into a child sex ring in Haiti involving peacekeepers.
6. HOW U.S ACTIVISTS PLAN TO USE TAX DAY
They intend to hit the streets Saturday around the country and demand Trump release his tax returns.
7. WHICH COUNTRY MIGHT LEGALIZE MARIJUANA
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s government introduces legislation to let adults to possess 30 grams of pot in public.
8. TOP CONTENDER FOR LIFE BEYOND EARTH
A tiny, ice-encrusted ocean world orbiting Saturn is now a hotter-than-ever candidate for potential life.
9. WHO FOX NEWS COULD TAP IF BILL O’REILLY DOESN’T RETURN
Among the possible candidates are Dana Perino, Eric Bolling, Jesse Watters and Martha MacCallum.
10. 67-YEAR OLD EYEING RECORD 50TH STRAIGHT BOSTON MARATHON FINISH
“As long as I’m physically able I’d go back the next year because again it’s in my blood,” says Maryland resident Ben Beach.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix