A conversation with Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone
There’s a new sheriff in town and we’re bringing him on to talk about several topics
- Tent City closing
- Pink underwear is out
- Media coverage is down to a minimum
- His understated, thoughtful tone
We engage Maricopa County Sheriff Paul Penzone in a wide-ranging discussion of his first three months in office.
He is closing Tent City.We discuss his logic and many public misconceptions of that jail. Did you know, for example, that Tent City was a privilege area, actually preferred by prisoners?
What other changes have been undertaken? What are planned? What does the jail population look like? How has this changed over the years?
This week’s Think Tank hosts Penzone for the full hour.
His media presence is not ubiquitous. Miss this show and you may not get another chance to hear him for awhile.
The Think Tank
- Think Tank discusses 2020 presidential election
- 17 Maricopa County Sheriff’s posse members return in Sun City West
- Think Tank discusses Phoenix election, Equal Rights Amendment
- MCSO: suspended posse members expected back March 15
- New policing plan offered by Sheriff Paul Penzone in profiling lawsuit