I-17, other freeway closures in place across Valley this weekend
PHOENIX — Interstate 17 will be closed once again the Phoenix area, creating restrictions right through the heart of the Valley.
Be sure to heed the rest of these freeway closures announced by the Arizona Department of Transportation for the weekend of March 14.
• The northbound stretch of the I-17 between 19th Avenue and McDowell Road will be closed from Friday at 10 p.m. to Monday at 5 a.m. Van Buren Street will also be shut down at the I-17 for bridge maintenance.
• The Loop 101 will see two restrictions, starting with the northbound lanes, which will be closed between the US 60 and Loop 202 Red Mountain Freeway from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday. The cause of the closure is sign maintenance. Both US 60 ramps to the to the northbound 101 will also be closed.
• The second Loop 101 restriction comes via the southbound 101, which will be narrowed to three lanes between McDowell road and the Loop 202 from 10 p.m Saturday to 10 a.m. Sunday.
• Both directions of the I-10 will be closed between Sarival Avenue and Perryville Road near the Loop 303 from Friday at 9 p.m. to Saturday at 3 a.m. so workers can conduct bridge maintenance.
• Finally, the US 60 will be narrowed for a lane at a time in both directions near Rural Road from 4 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
- Phoenix ranked among most affordable travel destinations in US
- Phoenix ISM Raceway dropped from IndyCar’s 2019 schedule
- Get ready for dogs – Phoenix is No. 6 city for pet-friendly vacation spots
- Part of Interstate 10, 17 to be closed during June 22 weekend
- Prescott Valley horse track changes name to Arizona Downs