READING, Pa. (AP) — A district judge has been charged with drunken driving in the Pennsylvania city where her father is mayor.
Twenty-nine-year-old Kyley Scott was charged Thursday by police in Reading (REH’-ding).
Police say she had a blood-alcohol level that was two times the legal amount for driving when she was stopped April 2. Police say she was seen leaving a tavern at about 2:15 a.m. and people called 911 after seeing her car weaving down the road.
Mayor Wally Scott served as the city’s district judge until he retired in 2015 to run for mayor. His daughter succeeded him in the $89,000-a-year position.
Online court records don’t list an attorney for Kyley Scott.
WFMZ-TV says she and the mayor didn’t immediately comment Thursday.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix