COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Dave Chappelle has teamed up with John Mayer to remember comedian Charlie Murphy.
Chappelle appeared on stage at Mayer’s Columbus, Ohio, concert Wednesday night and told the crowd “everybody in comedy is heartbroken” about Murphy’s death from leukemia.
Chappelle told Mayer he was “a sight for sore eyes” after learning about Murphy’s death.
At Chappelle’s request, Mayer played his song “You’re Gonna Live Forever in Me” in tribute to Murphy.
Murphy was a performer on Comedy Central’s “Chappelle’s Show.” He was the subject of popular sketches in which Murphy retold his adventures with younger brother Eddie Murphy and celebrities like Prince and Rick James.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Arizona film office working to lure production companies for keeps