Gilbert woman in running for America’s greatest school nurse
PHOENIX – A nurse in Gilbert could be named the greatest school nurse in America in a nationwide competition.
Amy Daly of Islands Elmentary has been selected as Arizona’s finalist for the contest, organized by Pfizer pharmaceutical company.
School nurses from each state have been nominated.
The grand prize is an ultimate summer vacation that is valued at $14,400, covering a round trip flight for four people, hotel accommodations for a eight days and an $800 travel stipend.
The winner will be announced May 5.
The East Valley Tribune reported that Daly serves a school of 530 students, attending to on average 40 to 60 students per day.
At times, she has also attended to teachers.
“I love what I do. I love taking care of the kids. It’s completely humbling to be recognized,” Daly told the paper.
Daly has already received $500 for reaching the finals.
The public will decide who wins the recognition and the summer vacation through online voting.
The contest runs through April 16.
- Lake Havasu City student with BB gun taken into custody
- FBI searching for suspects linked to 8 Arizona bank robberies
- Arizona woman disputes her arrest was made on wedding day
- Snow storm expected to hit northern Arizona this upcoming weekend
- Gov. Ducey signs bill barring Arizona cities from taxing sugary drinks