PHOENIX — Mexican restaurant Gallo Blanco Cafe is making a reappearance in the Valley within the next couple of months, opening in downtown Phoenix.
The cafe, under construction, will be located near 10th and Pierce streets and will take over the former American Way Market building.
The opening is set for sometime in June.
Chef and owner Doug Robson announced last year that he was bringing back the restaurant, and that it would be in the Garfield Historic District.
“After two years of searching, I knew right away that this was the spot,” Robson told the Downtown Phoenix Journal.
“This place spoke to me. I knew we were in it for the long haul.”
The restaurant used to be located at the Clarendon Hotel in midtown Phoenix, but according to a Facebook post, the spot and the hotel parted ways in 2015 after six years.
Though he closed down Gallo Blanco Cafe, Robson still had his other restaurant, Otro Cafe, to run. Robson opened that restaurant, near Seventh Street and Bethany Home Road, in 2013.
- Live blog: President Donald Trump visits Yuma, hosts rally in Phoenix
- Opinion: Five things to watch for during Trump’s Phoenix rally
- Online campaign ad from Jeff Flake starts hitting back at Kelli Ward
- Phoenix residents hope to save Chinese Cultural Center with online petition
- 2 Phoenix-area teens accused of making online threats against school