NEW YORK (AP) — Authorities are investigating what caused an early morning bus fire in Manhattan.
No injuries were reported after the Metropolitan Transportation Authority bus caught fire around 6:45 a.m. Thursday at the corner of Lexington Avenue and East 46th Street.
Transit officials say there were no passengers when the bus burst into flames, spewing heavy gray smoke and flames and blackening part of the vehicle.
MTA spokesman Christopher McKniff says the fire started in the back of the bus.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix