LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — Police have charged a Kentucky woman with murder in the death of her infant son.
News outlets report that 26-year-old Dailyn Cruz Abrera of Louisville was arrested Wednesday and charged with killing 3-month-old Lucas Paez Cruz. The arrest warrant says she called dispatchers on March 30 and said she had smothered her baby and “wanted to know the fastest way to die.”
Louisville officers arrived at the home and found the boy dead in a bed.
Online jail records show the mother was being held in the Louisville jail on a $500,000 cash bond. The records didn’t indicate whether she has an attorney.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood
- Jake LaMotta, boxer who inspired ‘Raging Bull,’ dies at 95
- Maricopa County Sheriff’s deputies shoot armed man west of Phoenix
- Arizona ‘Dreamers’ could join DACA lawsuit against Trump