MICANOPY, Fla. (AP) — Visitors to a state park in Florida got a dramatic glimpse at the wild kingdom when a wild horse attacked an alligator.
Krystal Berry was one of several park goers who took video of the attack at Paynes Prairie State Park Wednesday. She tells Tampa’s WTVT-TV (http://bit.ly/2p0kKwG) that she was part of a group who spotted wild horses grazing alongside a path. She says the alligator came up beside them and stopped.
Video she posted to Facebook shows one of the horses kicking the alligator, which then began to move. The horse then doubled back and repeatedly kicked the reptile, nearly turning it over. The alligator then went on its way.
Berry writes on Facebook that there were “no clear signs of distress” when they left the area.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- West Wing update includes new paint, carpet and eagles
- Trump supporter reportedly shouts death wish of Sen. John McCain
- Drawing nears for Powerball jackpot that’s climbed to $700M
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision