PHOENIX — Sean Spicer made national news on Tuesday when he told reporters that Adolf Hitler “didn’t even sink to using chemical weapons.”
Many were offended by his comments and called for him to be fired for his gaffe.
Meghan McCain joined Mac & Gaydos Wednesday and said although Spicer is a “very nice man,” she thinks others would be better suited to be White House press secretary.
“I’ve never understood these people being put in these specific positions of power, especially Sean Spicer and Kellyanne Conway,” McCain said.
“I know great people who would be exponentially better at this than Sean Spicer.”
Spicer was attempting to compare the actions of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and his chemical attack that killed more than 80 people to Hitler and the Holocaust. When reporters pointed out Spicer’s mistake to him, he thanked them but then struggled to try to defend his remarks.
Spicer later apologized for his “inappropriate and insensitive reference to the Holocaust.”
McCain didn’t want to be too harsh on him for these comments in particular, but still doesn’t think he’s a good fit for his position.
“I always thought he was an odd pick,” McCain said. “I continue to think he’s an odd pick.”
- 7 common ways to get sued by your employees
- Why it might be time to upgrade your toilet
- Arizona teachers are building a better future by using technology in the classroom
- How to make summer reading fun for the whole family
- How to find relief for chronic joint pain
- Can the NBA Lottery save the Suns?
- Skip Urgent Care: 5 ailments you can treat with telemedicine
- Skin Cancer in Arizona: Stats, facts and new immunotherapy drugs making strides
- Distracted walking injuries end up not so funny
- Scary situations: 5 quick tips before you let a contractor in your home
- Four ways telemedicine is changing the health care industry
- 5 mistakes homeowners make in the spring
- Three rivers run through it: Exploring Arizona's waterways
- Smart home basics: things you need to know to get started
- 5 Surprising things causing back pain
- Arizona agriculture is a $17.1B industry
- Timeline: Arizona's roots in brewing history
- 5 reasons to love the D-backs this season
- Tips for taking your home entertainment experience to the backyard
- Tech-related injuries your parents never experienced
- Workers comp: Signs your co-worker could be a fraud
- Who's the real founder of America's pastime?
- Epidemic rising? What you need to know about Alzheimer's in Arizona
- 5 unforgettable Wooden Award winners
- Family and hard work are keys to success of modern dairy farmers
- Genetic testing could hold answers for colon cancer survival
- Cold beers and baseball: A beer lover's guide to Spring Training
- Telecommuting: 5 tips to make it work for employers and employees
- See how top CFOs feel about economic growth in the Valley
- Migraine myths that keep patients from effective treatments
- Celebrate National Burger Day with best bacon burger in Arizona
- Walmart announces 4,400 veteran hires in Arizona since 2013
- Mother Road Brewing Co. named most underrated brewery in Arizona by Thrillist
- Bashas’ announces finalists for doughnut flavor contest
- Fans wait hours in line to get into Phoenix Comicon amid heightened security