BOCA RATON, Fla. (AP) — The Florida Highway Patrol says a tow truck worker fell to his death from an overpass on Interstate 95 while helping to upright an overturned tractor trailer.
The crash near Boca Raton left the truck dangling over the interstate’s overpass, causing a traffic snarl along the busy South Florida corridor early Wednesday.
Troopers say the crash happened shortly before 6 a.m. Officials say 69-year-old Richard Jason Randolph had stepped over a wall and was working to secure the trailer when he fell. The three southbound lanes of I-95 remained closed for about five hours as an investigation continued and crews worked to upright the truck.
Officials say the tractor-trailer’s driver wasn’t injured in the rollover crash.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Feds buy land to open up access to 2 Arizona forest areas
- I-10 to have lane restrictions in both directions between Sept. 24-29
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action