SOMERVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Authorities say a Pennsylvania man moved and concealed a woman’s body in a highway median after she had died in a New Jersey motel.
Prosecutors in Somerset County have charged 32-year-old David DeSantos of Henryville, Pennsylvania, with disturbing human remains. Authorities also are looking for 26-year-old Nicole Barbour of Ringwood as an accomplice.
On March 29, authorities say the pair hid the body of 29-year-old Ashley Castro, of Hopatcong, in a wooded median off Route 22 in Branchburg.
Her remains were found on April 5. The cause and manner of death are pending an autopsy.
DeSantos’ attorney, Matthew Katzenbach, tells the Courier News of Bridgewater his client voluntarily called police out of guilt to let them know where he moved the body.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Tucson shooting memorial picks up $61K from National Park Service
- Trump weighing options as travel ban nears expiration date
- Bicyclist killed by car in Glendale, suspect is Navajo Nation police officer
- Department of Justice faces deadline over Arpaio’s pardon legal action
- Con artists selling water filters target Mesa neighborhood