JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Officials in Florida say a train struck and killed a man who was pushing his bicycle onto the railroad tracks.
In a news release, the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office says the Norfolk Southern train was heading south late Tuesday when the crash happened. The man was in his mid-50s. His name hasn’t been released, pending notification of his family.
Officials say the train’s engineers sounded the horn, and the lights were flashing and the crossing arms were down as it approached.
No further details were immediately available.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Mexican soldiers seize 140 pounds of fentanyl near Arizona border
- Pence says Confederate statues are state, local decision
- Twitter reacts to solar eclipse and it’s pretty funny
- Half of Arizonans in poll side against Trump pardoning Arpaio in Phoenix
- Nations search for 10 missing sailors after USS John S. McCain collision