Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
1. TILLERSON, LAVROV OPEN TENSE MEETING IN MOSCOW
Amid tensions in Syria, the Russian foreign minister says he has a lot of questions about the “very ambiguous” and “contradictory” ideas coming from the U.S.
2. RECORDS MATCH SOME UKRAINE LEDGER PAYMENTS TO EX-TRUMP AIDE
Financial records obtained by the AP confirm that at least $1.2 million in payments listed in the ledger next to Paul Manafort’s name were received by his U.S. consulting firm.
3. WHAT CHINESE LEADER IS TELLING TRUMP
Xi Jinping calls to tell the U.S. president that Beijing is willing to work with Washington on ending North Korea’s nuclear weapons program, but wants a peaceful solution.
4. UN PEACEKEEPERS’ CHILD SEX RING LEFT VICTIMS, BUT NO ARRESTS
An AP investigation of U.N. missions during the past 12 years finds nearly 2,000 allegations of sexual abuse and exploitation by peacekeepers and other personnel around the world.
5. WHO’S MAKING A SURPRISE RUN FOR IRANIAN PRESIDENT
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad files to run in the country’s May election, contradicting a recommendation from the nation’s Supreme Leader to stay out of the race.
6. ‘I’M A GONER’
AP recounts the final hours before the freighter El Faro and its 33-person crew perished in the waters off the Bahamas during Hurricane Joaquin in 2015.
7. UNITED PLEDGES TO REVIEW BUMPING POLICIES
The head of United’s parent company says the airline is reaching out to the Kentucky man dragged off a United Express plane in Chicago to “resolve this situation.”
8. KANSAS OUTCOME A WARNING TO GOP
A slimmer than expected Republican win for a U.S. House seat in Kansas may portend a tougher fight for three more special elections in Georgia, Montana and South Carolina.
9. FOR THE PARALYZED, HOPE
Toyota is introducing a wearable robotic leg brace designed to help partially paralyzed people walk.
10. WHERE BILL O’REILLY IS HEADING
The Fox News Channel host is taking a planned vacation from his show amid sponsor defections triggered by sexual harassment allegations.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- 5 missing after Army helicopter goes down off Hawaii coast
- Pressured by government, Uber agrees to protect rider data
- Judge orders Arizona to pay Planned Parenthood’s legal fees
- Trump retweets negative post about himself by accident
- GoDaddy bans white supremacist site after offensive Virginia rally post